Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: new to the forum, saying hello

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pokey Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there, just another SIP fan here. Got a subscription for my birthday and am waiting with baited breath for that second issue. I guess what I like best about it is the whole "push-me-pull-you" aspect of the relationship between the three main characters. That's all for now. I'm gonna go sit by the mailbox now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member witness's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2000
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    welcome pokey girl! Coffee? low fat yogart?
    Tamales?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member witchblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey pokeygirl welcome to the insanity!!!! Glad you could join us.Anyway enjoy your stay smile

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Pokey Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    biggrin thank you for the kind offer of refreshment. decaf on the coffee.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member witchblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    when did you start on SIP??
    I started reading it when I got a job at the local comic shop 6 months ago( the shop closed frown ) please dont be sad for me winkI had a blast!anyway whats your story?

    take care

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Pokey Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess I started reading SIP about 3 years ago. A friend asked me to check it out to see what I thought and I got pretty hooked. I like that its a b&W comic--I'm also very into Love & Rockets--and I found Francine & Katchoo's story to be fairly compelling.
    What are you doing since the comic shop closed? Personally, if I get fired for surfing the SIP pages too often, I plan on lying by the mailbox to wait for my next issue. Well, at least until my gf kicks me out for being a slacker.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member witchblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no my boss didnt fire me.the dumbass got behind on his bills and forgot to pay most of them and went broke, so he had to close the shop,i got alot of great stuff out it though, he felt so bad he let me and the other guys that worked there take anything that we wanted (I of course took all of the SIP graphic novels and all of the old back
    issues) winkhehehehehe anyway I ve been hooked ever since.Ive been working at toys r us ever since, its not as good as the comic shop but my cousin works there and so does my boyfriend so its a good trade.

    take care and keep reading SIP smile

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    congrats and welcome! I'd seen SIP sitting on the shelves a few times and always ment to pick it up... then one day looking for back issues for something else I found the first trilogy and got it and read it... then me and my girlfriend scoured the city and cleaned every comic store in a 15 mile radius out of every SIP we could find. That was ummm... two years ago. Been thoughly hooked ever since. We've tried to get our boyfriend hooked too... but he just glances through them and says "but you're a better artist than that". He's so sweet, but not really a comic person... he dosen't even like Anime!! And I used to work at a picture-framing and art supply store(hellooo employee discount!) but quit to take care of my friends baby... so now I'm a nanny... what other interesting jobs do SIP'ers have?
    Anyone?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A guy nice enough to let former employees just take stuff upon closing doesn't deserve to have to lose his comic shop! Whadda furshlugginer world! frown

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Pokey Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a comic book aficionado I can appreciate the idea of being let loose in a comic book store. As an office manager, I gotta tell ya, there's probably some reasons why the venture failed. Not that I don't think your boss wasn't a mensch...As for working in Toys R Us--I gotta ask--do people hoard female action figures?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •